The fifth running of the Pegasus World Cup Invitational is Saturday, Jan. 23 at Gulfstream Park. The favorite out of Wednesday’s article draw appears to be the weakest at the five decades of this occasion. Knicks Go (5-2) attracted article No. 4, and he will break to the direct seeking to wire the area as he did in his final race when winning the Breeders’ Cup Dirt Mile at November.
Pegasus World Cup Favorites: Past Performances
Favorites have won just two of those four variants of this Pegasus Invitational. He has won 5-of-17 begins and ran his very best race at the Breeders’ Cup. However, if discovering value is your match, you will say no to gambling Knicks Go.
Pegasus World Cup Invitational – Betting Opportunities
- Race 4: $125,000 Fred W. Hooper (G3) for older horses going 1 mile
- Race 7: $125,000 Marshua’s River (G3) for older fillies & mares going 1 mile on the turf
- Race 8: $125,000 La Prevoyante (G3) for older fillies & mares going 1 1/2 miles on the turf
- Race 9: $200,000 Inside Information (G2) for older fillies & mares going 7 furlongs
- Race 10: $150,000 W. L. McKnight (G3) for older horses going 1 1/2 miles on the turf
- Race 11: $1 million Pegasus World Cup Turf Invitational (G1) for older horses going 1 3/16 miles on the turf
- Race 12: $3 million Pegasus World Cup Invitational (G1) for older horses going 1 1/8 miles
Pegasus World Cup Betting And Picks
Profile of A Winning Pick
- All four Pegasus winners since the inaugural race in 2017 posted triple digit Equibase Speed Figures (ESF) in their previous three starts.
- Three of the four winners posted their top ESF in the race prior to the Pegasus
- Winner of Pegasus won his last race
Based on the Profile of a Pegasus Winner, the 2021 Champion is coming off a win, ran the best speed figure in his last of three starts, topped 100 in all three, will be second or third for the first half mile, and be on the lead for good after 6 furlongs.
Pegasus World Cup Past Performances
Five horses of the dozen in the 2021 Pegasus group hit triple digit speed figures in their last three races.
- Sleepy Eyes Todd (8-1)
- Knicks Go (5-2)
- Kiss Today Goodbye (10-1)
- Harpers First Ride (10-1)
- Code of Honor (9-2)